Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Whopper Pie

There are two of these pies chillin' in my freezer as we speak for a family gathering tonight.
Recipe is c/o my Sister-In-Law but can also be found on the large carton of Whoppers from the grocery store, AND now on my blog! =)
It took everything in me not to go sit in a dark corner with the bowl and spoon the contents all into my mouth before it made it to the crusts...seriously.
Okay here goes:

1 pint ice cream (recipe calls for vanilla, I used chocolate. OF COURSE!!)
1 8 oz tub whipped topping
1 carton Whoppers
2 ready-made pie crusts (I used chocolate. OF COURSE!)

Soften ice cream and topping and mix together. Crush 1 1/2 cups Whoppers and mix in.
Spoon into both pies.
Lick spoon and scrape 'remains' into mouth.
Crush 1/2 cup Whoppers and sprinkle over top.
Place a few whole Whoppers over top (I mean can you really have too many Whoppers?)

Cover with plastic pie covers (that come with the crusts) and freeze for several hours.

Serve with more whipped topping (and Whoppers!) if desired.

** You can make this into just one heaping pie if you wish but it nicely makes two level pies that you can then heap with whipped cream. =)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

This is a great recipe! It's a bit different from the one I use - you mix marshmallow cream and malt powder with the icecream and top with the whipped cream. Yum!

Bradi said...

Oh Catherine that sounds good too! Will have to try that variation!

The Kreiders said...

Great blog! Didn't realize that you have this! Hey and I even it made it on here! Looks like you have some yummy recipes!