Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Best Cookie Bars EVER

Starting out simple with a good old tried and true, never fails, add what you want but the original is best, cookie bar recipe.
I can't even remember where I got it from but I love that now my friends refer to it as "My" (meaning me) Cookie Bar Recipe.
Here's the original and I'll add to the bottom things I've added or deleted to vary it a bit.

2 sticks butter (real and unsalted is best)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
--cream above--
ADD:
2 eggs
1 TBS vanilla (I love vanilla!)
ADD:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
--blend--
ADD:
1 bag chocolate chips

Spread in a 9x13 and Bake at 350-375 (depending on your oven) for 20-25 min
I prefer to under cook these a bit as I love the gooeyness.

Variations include:
  • Using a 1/2 bag of butterscotch or peanut butter chips and 1/2 of chocolate
  • Adding 1/2 cup to 1 cup pecans, depending on how much you like nuts.
You can also cut down on the sugar by 1/2 cup (1/4 cup for both) but really, why would you do that? =)


*Cut/spoon chunks out as soon as it comes out of the oven and eat them immediately! (Okay not really if you're serving guests but this is what I do when they are just for me~ Hot and gooey right out of the oven is the BOMB!)
Seriously you will find yourself stopping by the pan every time you're in the kitchen just to "check" if there is a crooked line that you cut and eat so it will be straight.



YUM!

1 comment:

Scott and Kathy said...

very yummy! Keep the recipes comming! I'm lovin' your new blog!