Saturday, August 15, 2009

Late Summer Goodness Pasta Salad

I originally found this recipe via the Internet. I have no idea which website it was and I don't even know what made me click on it to check it out since the name of it was simply Pasta Salad Recipe (boring!!). But once I checked out the ingredients and gave it a try it is one of my new faves. It is tasty and colorful and I've made it 2x already this summer~
I renamed it b/c I wanted a funner title (yes I just said funner) and b/c the fresh ingredients it calls for are pure late summer to me. If you have an herb & veggie garden this is a great one as it will save you buying at least 4 ingredients from the road-side stand or market!

Enjoy~

Ingredients: Salad
1 lb farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
Fresh ground pepper
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil (EVOO for you Rachel Ray fans)
1 yellow summer squash- sliced in half long-ways and then into 1/4 inch 1/2 moons
1 green zucchini squash- cut the same
1 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (If you use jarred, be sure to drain completely)
1 cup packed FRESH basil leaves
1/2 cup packed FRESH parsley leaves

Dressing:
2 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves chopped (Hint: I buy chopped garlic in a jar... SO much easier!)
1 tsp stone ground mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1/2 cup EVOO

~Boil pasta in salted water until al dente then rinse in cold water while draining. Toss w/ ground pepper and EVOO. Add rest of salad ingredients and set aside

~For dressing I found that using a food processor works best but a blender is fine too. Mix all ingredients except EVOO and blend slightly. Then drizzle oil in slowly until all is thoroughly blended and has a dressing consistency. Pour over salad to coat and toss well.
Refrigerate and serve!

No comments: